Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 9 July 2020, page-70

1. 585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Did I what! I waited for a pullback that never eventuated. And then watched all day. Crying as it pulled clear unbothered. I've been trained by micro-caps to expect a pullback. (And even then, I'm getting caught out. Today I got caught out by the second, very late sharp pullback in OSP - and that's even after I thought I'd done well to enter only after a strong pullback (to 50). It closed 48, but with a significant buy of the Ask, so maybe there's hope for the OSP "G.E. Story" being real...).

Yours was a superb call on two fronts: you picked the trade, but I think your thesis was correct. This is highly speculative (and I can't explain too much so as to honour not revealing the stock code) but my read of the extent/style of the sell down* suggests the Market Maker (MM) was only allowing the price to rise opportunistically to maximise the sentiment of your thesis (ie. the MM creating a "sell the news/idea" moment)

Yes, it moved differently to the way specs move.

Thanks. More please

* or perhaps it was more of what Jako would call a "buy the bid" day

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2286/2286707-56fc4137407559921192f9e2daee386e.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.