Cheers Shovel. I don't really count my pre 87 crash sell as a...

1. 32,461 Posts.
    Cheers Shovel. I don't really count my pre 87 crash sell as a sign of genius. I was clueless about the markets back then. I just took the standard position about stock market and really left it to the brokers to run the show. But I had been a pro punter for many years so I did understand the idea of watching the market for clues. As it turned out the chart was turning over but who looked at charts back then? I just went by the morning commentary on the radio. Dow was down a few days in a row and that never happened. I had a bit of luck on my side.

I reckon the economy was in a better state back then when markets crashed than it is today. The difference is that people aren't as afraid and in fact think there's an opportunity. Maybe there is?

It's all about risk. Anyone who has all their assets tied up in the market atm is taking a risk. How big? What about real estate risk? So many leading coys that make no money. Tesla, Amazon etc. yet have massive PEs. Just too many smarties around these days who will take advantage of any up or down. The markets might not crash but on an individual basis stocks get wiped out.

That's why I think DTing is the safest option. Short time frames while the iron is hot.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.