@LambraeI expect IGE to get routed on open, but in a way it's...

1. 3,305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    @Lambrae
    I expect IGE to get routed on open, but in a way it's almost fortunate it has already been tumbling for 2 weeks so potential support is only 20-30% lower, rather if something like this happened near the top which can see one of those significant falls where no one gets a chance to exit with a small loss. Since it topped I'd have only had one buy signal on it from my MA's around 23c, and a very very brief one too which are both pretty typical when it comes to PnD's. So yeah I agree with you it already looked like it would've needed to retrace more before it became a buy again. But as you know, volatility provides opportunities and I expect volatility if nothing else when it trades again.

When management makes errors like this and then dealt with the way it was, the share price tends to get punished whatever the underlying FA. I don't know about anyone else, but if I am parking my money anywhere for an extended period of time I'm wanting to be certain those at the top know what they are doing. Incidents like this tend to make people second guess management, and if you are unlucky enough to get caught out you tend to remember all of the names of who's involved.

It probably hasn't changed that much on a FA level actually (yet) if I understand things right, just the perception of whats going on. But at this end of the market, perception tends to mean more than reality over the short term.

I'm sure we've all been caught out on a stock like this at some point or another, or you will if you haven't already. You've just gotta learn from the experience and come back stronger. 50 odd IGE posts every day on the DT threads since it topped suggests there are unfortunately a few on these threads that will be learning from this.
    Last edited by Bugsam: 18/01/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.