Day Trader’s Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 29-31 May 2020, page-155

1. 3,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    I believe that your biggest strength is FA . With TA, you should still be able to trust the technical analysis of the charts though for bitcoin. Making it not riskier than any other chart, if you are trading with TA . If you get in when the whales get in , you are set , as they are the manipulators. I run all of my charting formulas up against the bitcoin charts - in every time frame , every day. I found bitcoin charts very difficult to read at first - (especially the smallest timeframes). Maybe my formulas were too big picture focused , and the sharp drops on Bitcoin smaller time frames looked terrifying, and I needed a better formula for them . Currently , I don't see the bitcoin charts to be considerably different from the asx charts. Charts monitor supply and demand , accumulation and distribution . The manipulation that you talk about - that is the exact thing that we are looking for on the charts - to spot the manipulation that comes before a rise .

When I started trading , I worked out a bit of a formula which came before sharp rises. I didn't know any FA on any single chart . I had a magnetic board that I stuck the names of the charts up on when I thought they were ready for a rise , and I dated them . Many of them began massive sustained parabolic rises within a week of my dating them - back in Oct 2017. I didn't trade them , I was just paper trading - testing out my formulas on ASX charts. I didn't know anything about them except the code .It was over a year later that I twigged that many of those charts were from bitcoin / cryptocurrency / blockchain related shares . At the time , 2017, lots of people were telling me how dangerous bitcoin was. And I had no clue that I was choosing Bitcoin related codes for a rise. I haven't used that formula for a while, as I have focused on bottoms , and that formula got me into a lot of bulltraps after the sharp rise - where I would have ended up loosing money, as I had no exit strategy. I keep it in my back pocket for now, till I understand it better. Sometimes the context of a formula makes all the difference. That experience has made me trust, that the charts that relate to bitcoin, are not different from other charts. What is important is only the accuracy of your trading strategy or formula.

Some charts however are easier to read than others. Might depend on liquidity . I find illiquid charts harder to read , and the same might be true for highly liquid charts . Bitcoin charts may have steeper, faster plunges in the process of reversing upwards, making them more difficult to pick the bottom of pullbacks. Maybe also they have more manipulators competing for the shares at the bottom at the same time - which may be done by bots , checking for supply Just a few thoughts, that may or may not offer explanation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.