The 70's and 80's were my era. Cannot believe nobody brought up...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    The 70's and 80's were my era. Cannot believe nobody brought up Dire Straits or Mellencamp. Hope @Cleo sees this I believe she is a great fan of the Straits. Inxs was also a favourite of mine.They done a great cover from the sixties of Johnny and June Cash's Jackson but cannot find it unfortunately. Kiss the Dirt will have to suffice.
    O/T Had a nice win in RHT which I had been holding for a month after picking it up from a pick in the STT thread. Got out at open for just over 30% so that covered two weeks rent. Bought and sold HMX on the same day for a lousy 0.5%, should have hung on as the next day price improved but I read the chart wrong. Cannot remember why I bought ECS at .08 but looking back was an absolutely stupid move. Sold on the same day for 18% loss. Sold SDA on 7/8 for 18% loss, thank god I did after watching it this week. Made another scalp on CLI in and out same day for 4%, Cli has been a great trader for me over the months. This and KGN are the first stocks that I have come across that I am fairly confident in making a profit on.
    Am trying a new setup whereby I have picked out 6 up-trending stocks from the beginning of the year. Am using the SAR as a guide along with support and resistance levels. I just need a way to pre-empt the SAR as it misses quite a few sell signals, leaves it too late, like indicates a sell on the fourth red bar rather than the second or third red bar which is is the obvious sell point. But following the rule I am showing a healthy profit. Back-testing these stocks they are showing a healthy profit if I had been trading since early January. I am reading Darryl Guppy's Trend Trading which is being a great help.
    The six stocks are:
    CLI showing 151% profit
    KGN showing a 68% profit
    WZR showing a 116% profit.
    WSI showing a 179% profit
    ISX showing a 269% profit
    RHT showing a 102% profit.
    Am only in RHT currently due to limited funds. Kgn is showing buy signals at the moment but it is too close to resistance, will wait for pull back.
    Will have funds cleared from sale of RHT on Monday so will make a decision then on which one to buy . Am looking to sell some of my older holds to finance buying into the others.
    I have made the mistake in the past of buying to close to resistance when I should be waiting for the stock to pull back closer to support before pulling the trigger.
    Thanks for all the banter during the week guys, educational as well as entertaining at times. Shame about the occasional little squabble, but thankfully they are mostly short lived. Also miss your insights @mirren. Also v@valvesound, @shovel40 and @scooter please keep up the charts, I sometime copy them and study them after market. Am having to look for some work currently as I am not good enough yet to make enough on market to cover incoming bills. Trouble is it has only been 6 weeks since my heart operation and I am getting worn out quite quickly., and my regular job is quite physically demanding.
    Have a great weekend guys,
    Rick

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.