Day Trader’s Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 6 - 8 Dec 2019, page-37

1. 2,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    OMG shovel

I moved from Adelaide with 4 mates to live on the GC back in the early 80's.......Memories I can tell ya...... Actually, no I can't tell ya anything here

I'd only been there a few day's and on one day we happened to be partying pretty hard this afternoon at the Benowa Tavern with mates playing 8-ball etc, etc and then the manager came over to us and told us to tone it down a bit blah, blah.... I said yeah no worries mate.....wah wah as you do when your 18.....in the end I got talking to him and asked him if he had any jobs going.... He said yes I do......and I said great when can I start.....He said....you go home right now and No more drinks and take that earring out (I only had it put in that day) and be back here at 6 o'clock in your black and whites plus a Bow Tie and start work in the front bar.

It was the best job I ever had.....And I never, ever had another earring put in any of my ear's to this day...... It's funny with my generation, once we're told something by a superior we just do it......These days it's a bit different and I agree with the new attitude to a degree, especially with all the crap that goes on....nuff said, just be careful I say to the young ones these days, my 2 adult daughters know exactly what I mean

Anyway, I could talk all day about the GC in those days.....it was such a great place then. Probs still is, but it was a pretty special place back in those days

Things like the "sick parade" at the Beer Garden in Cavel Ave every Sunday mid-morning ( Pots of Beer started at 20 cents and went up 5 cents every 10 minutes, or something like that ). Then we onto the fisherman's wharf in the arvo from memory and then back into Surfers in the evening to this big Disco in the night.......the Disco name escapes ATM ....Bombay Rock maybe ????????

Stay tuned as my memory comes back lol

Have a great weekend everyone......take care, bye for now

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.