Hi guys,Had plenty of time to read over the last 3 weeks and all...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Hi guys,
    Had plenty of time to read over the last 3 weeks and all I had with me was Reminiscences of a Stock Operator byEdwin Lefèvre and three T/A books by Daryl Guppy. Read the Guppy books twice.
    I originally read the Operator about 2 years ago and it made no sense to me at the time but I only read a page or two when I had time and had too many other distractions. This time however I read it over two days and really took it all in. Amazing insight into the markets and considering its age much of it is still relevant.
    So, I had Trading Tactics, Chart Trading and Trend Trading. I had to read Trend Trading twice to be able to understand it. I am trying to put it into practice as I type, having come up with a list of 10 stocks that are suitable trading candidates for my new style of trading. I liked Guppy's books so much that I ordered all the rest. Now I must learn to turn all electronic devices off before I start to read them when they arrive.
    I learnt a lot from reading, but I also learnt a lot by observing people.
    I was born in the UK, and my parents taught me manners and to respect our elders.
    I had a unique opportunity to observe 17 other people from all walks of life, some criminals some not, of all ages, from all worldly demographics, and they all had one thing in common. No social skills. Aged from 18 to 76, they were all same bar one, a Coloured university graduate South African.
    This is an absolute truth, I would not have had a 15 minute conversation for 22 days with anyone other than a DSO (detainee service officer) who are prohibited from carrying mobile phones.
    More often than not, if I asked a question it was answered with a one or two word reply. If I tried to engage in conversation, even if there was a half hearted attempt by the other party to engage, it was invariably interrupted by a beep or buzz or some other message from their phone.
    And nobody had a regard for anybody else! It was all me, me, me. I know that some of the guys in here are bad and deserve not to be here, but I am not alone in getting caught up in retrospective law changes and do not deserve it. But I like to think I have kept my manners and my self respect and respect for others, but if I end up staying here much longer I fear I will begin to lose all that.
    It does not stop at meal times. Last night seven of us lined up for medication, we stood there for 20mins in line. Hardly a word was spoken. I looked up from my phone and all other heads were pointed down into their phones. Yep, I get the irony.
    Sorry, needed to vent, feel better now. Back to Guppy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.