Day Trader’s Weekend Aftermarket Lounge 7-9 Aug 2020, page-50

1. 3,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2361/2361886-61e720fa61183d24d6dbc359ff66a10c.jpg
    So for Tassie whiskeys it is very hard to go wrong. I will recommend one of my current favorites: NANT Single malt Sherry cask. Smooth and tasty @43%. It is not a peated whisky and some find it sweet. I find it very well balanced and it goes down very very easy with a lot to appreciate on the way.
    Most of the LARK and NANT whiskeys are solid. But maybe read up on what you enjoy and buy in those directions, eg peated, smokey, smooth, sweet. Sullivans cove is good but I prefer NANT or LARK. Hellyers road is also ok.

If you have someone who doesnt like whiskey but wants to get into something whiskey like try Larks Slainte (pronounced slan-cha). It is a whiskey liqueur and only 32%. It is quite sweet and has a aniseed flavor to it but I used it to get some friends into whiskeys.

My all time favorite drinking whiskey has been the Lagavulin 16 year. That smokey taste that fades away after your 1st few sips... pure gold.

I have the Laphroaig triple wood and 4 oak which are both quite nice. Japanese whiskeys are worth the time and expense to get into but maybe go to a whiskey bar and try a few nips of different ones to get a feel for what you might like.

MMMmmmmmMMM Whiskey.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.