@Seb93i need some guidance i took some SVD yesterday at 3.2 (i...

1. 802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    @Seb93

i need some guidance

i took some SVD yesterday at 3.2 (i paid the asking price didn't put in a bid), yes after i saw your post i did take a quick geez at the chart and it looked good (i'm trading for pip these days mainly so i was happy to sell at 3.3-3.4)

i cant remember exactly but maybe 10-15 seconds later i sold out at 3.2 for brokerage (yes stupid), did a similar error with IMU earlier in the week as-well took it at 5.2 and straight after got out at 5.1

now before i answer why i did this in the heat of the moment, when i'm purely hunting a few pips like this for the day with no plan to hold i simply use a couple of charts with different timeframes usually 5min & 15 and market depth & course of sales (i rely on these more so in these situations)

so why did i pull out at 3.2 ?

well remembering back "to me" it looked like that as soon as it wiped 3.2 and the buyers starting building it immediately started selling down ..and maybe it's because i'm a little more cautious these days after making many costly mistakes early, i "thought/anticipated" they are going to take this back to 3 again ! i think my thoughts at the time where like "F*** not again as soon as i buy"

anyways after writing this and re-reading i've already got some own tips for myself: no 1 stop "thinking" what's going to happen and let the action prove you right or wrong in this case if it hit 3 i would of lost 2 pips but at-least i would have got my confirmation.

Any advice, thoughts, comments, suggestions, questions ?

what convinced you this was a good set up ? what are you specially looking for? i remember in your post you said something about a soak at 3-3.1 ?

any other tools your using ?

i cant afford type be making these type of errors if i want to achieve my goals and do this thing full time for a living ! especially now when the fairytale bull run is slowing down..

long read sorry ! your time and insight is appreciated !!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.