Day traders' after-market lounge April 7, page-39

1. 441 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    Been back trading since Feb 1 after a long hiatus, change of name on HC and move to Philippines. No losses booked so far. I trade with my wifes income as an OIC (officer in charge, 1 step below principle) of a small elementary school here of $600/month firmly in mind, which is a solid average-high income in this country. Our monthly expenses are about that, $600, so I only need to make $150 a week to cover it, so even a $100 trade is fine by me biggrin.png. Been trading CDT, CDTO, XTCO, MEL. I find trading in Philippines much easier because I compare any profits I see to the income here and take them. $300 up? That's 2 weeks income here, take it! She sees I'm up $600 in a day, that's my monthly income, take it! she shouts, haha tongue.png, so I do. In Australia I was trading with my $1500 a week income in mind and was letting decent profits go because it hardly seemed worth it and not much in comparison. I was chasing the BIG $! But when I only need $600/month it's a completely different story. Any income is good. I've missed the perfect trades because I book and bank profits pretty quick, but then I have not lost any $ by doing so. I'm working on nailing those perfect trades though and getting rid of impulsiveness and impatience when buying and selling and taking profits too soon. CDT volatility is great, almost like clockwork between 6c-7c, sell into the spikes and buy them back later in the day or next, pip trade in the lower 6's while holding a LT parcel. Up $3500 this week thanks to CDT/O and XTCO, Up $8500 since Feb 1, might not seem like much but compare it to my wifes $600/month income and it's not too bad. I aim for $650+ week profit, lower end AUD$ weekly income, anything over that is a bonus. Holding XTCO, CDT, CDTO and grabbed a parcel of MELO @ .007/.006 after selling out MEL on Monday for a small $240 profit (thank god) as a 70% flogging on the options seemed a bit extreme considering Cervantes oil was a bit of a side dish to their Cooper basin gas agenda. Dunno about this trading stuff, DT forum is excellent for some tips to research, and love the charts put up, TA etc. I just take profits on companies with good FA where the dips aren't any reason to panic sell, I never panic sell anymore as the ones I trade are on solid uptrends, and have got rid of the "but it might go to 10c, it might go higher" mentality when already sitting on a decent profit. Now I just take profits sitting in front of me as there are always plenty of other opportunities. I don't fall in love with companies and their stories anymore, I just use them, though I may be a little infatuated with CDT ............rolleyes.png all imo imo....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.