Day traders' after-market lounge June 7, page-57

1. 290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    I read s1041 A to F - and to my Engineering mind this could apply to anyone seeking to profit from trading and who makes overly positive comments on social media? Perhaps I am missing something - I suspect they pleaded guilty under section B and D specifically because of using "other" peoples accounts and the mis-information which is actual evidence.

Also how is it the fund managers / stock broking firms are some how exempt from this, because those sections specifically refer to a "person" yet not mention "entity" or a "coporation". Fund managers / broking firms will regularly short sell (dump on "not as good news as we expected") and then accumulate (pump on "fairly average results") - so dump / pumps over 12+ months is somehow okay as long as it's not a social media pump / dump? as it twarts the fund managers business model of shorting stocks ....................................

Anyway I assume that is why ASIC come out with their warning around the time of the GME pump in the US although they said "which may amount to market manipulation" and in this case they only got this person on s1041B and D

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.