Hey everyone, having a great month over here. Great year too,...

1. 1,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hey everyone, having a great month over here. Great year too, but in terms of my actual performance I have really come round to feeling very happy and secure with my trading this month. Been a long road.

1. only trading my style which I know really well now!! So I'm really able to find many opportunities each day that fit this and I wait just for the right time to enter and stalk a lot of stocks to see how they are developing.
    2. have become good at a couple of setups and just ignore everything else
    3. not sizing too big on thin traders, doesn't take much $ to make good income in 30 mins or so, on AQS make that 10 mins after open if its a pump day, isn't always so I stalk it for the right moment.
    4. sizing larger in trades where there is good liquidity and I have great edge, scaling into these
    5. taking my profits quickly to avoid speedo, avoid dump, and also because thats my job
    6. not trading every day, and on my days off doing enjoyable things and maybe having a look at the close to watch some stocks but NO TRADING
    7. paying myself
    8. no overnight hold of DT
    9. stopping after profits and also sizing down if had a few great runs earlier in the day to avoid giving back
    10. only trading open and then might buy 1-2pm if price holds well on something I like and trend is in tact, I'm impatient though so I prefer to call it after open
    11. reminding myself that trading is not just about today or 1 single profit or loss. It is a marathon, I look to the month, the year, the career. THIS is helping so much with revenge trading etc, I just don't do that any more because I know in any week there are profits and losses and the job is to be consistently up and improving week on week, which I am.
    12. Cutting losses quickly, losses will get you, small profits and losses cancel each other out, large wins will make you bank. So cut the losses asap.
    13. not looking at my P&L while in a trade because that is irrelevant while I am trading, no Bias all i want to make decisions on is the trade in front of me and ofc having entries and exit predefined in mind, but not trading my profit and loss that is recipe for disaster.

Hope this helps someone, absolute 180 from where I was end of last year in terms of my skill. Really enjoying trading hope you are all well.
    Last edited by juliarrr199: 10/03/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.