the corruption of the energy market in australia is...

1. 3,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    the corruption of the energy market in australia is extraordinary.

i first woke up to it when i saw the head of bluescope speaking on tv several years ago and he told us they were paying 3 time as much for electricity in australia as they are in the usa. ( not long after taking over north stsr mills).

so to cut a long story short the govt sold the poles and wires to the superfunds with a guaranty of at least 7 per cent roi.

they spent as much as they possible could. interest was 2 per cent.

we now pay 14 cents per kw hour for the poles and wires.

oecd average is 7c.

such a terrible taax and burden on indsutry and this is pre carbon reduction policy.

Now they are doing the same with all the renewables. same deals with industry super fund buddies.

will cost every individual buckets and cripple manufacturing.

if you want a laugh and an alternative view on what i suggest go and check the aussie super website for their submission on the renewables investment scheme with the govt.

i will quote one sentence...

"they are doing it for the sake of a diginified retirement for all australians "

nice ethic there running our energy policy.

sorry for the rant. its a pet hate. especially now that i have to pay the grid for the electricty i take out, and for what i put in... that is a double dipping rort if ever i've seen one.
    Last edited by hazyg: Yesterday, 22:51

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.