Day traders' hooray it's the weekend lounge June 18 - 20, page-96

1. 1,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237

Hi Slick –

Re Commsec’s standard pages (i.e. not their IRESS) :

Thanks. I perhaps should have included in my post a note to the effect that its info would probably be more appropriate for newbie DT’s

who are not yet placing 8 trades a month, of say $3000? to 5000 per trade

(to make it worthwhile brokerage-wise)

in order to qualify for FOC trading thru Commsec’s IRESS platform,

i.e. not wanting to pay their $82.50 Sub, every month, otherwise.

I’ve been in that position for sometime now.

From what I observe tho, thru not trading on Commsec’s IRESS platform, and just using their standard webpages to place trades etc.
    their WatchList page data might be delayed for a few seconds,
    ditto their chart diagram updates, even on 1 or 5-day 1-minute charts, but

for Course of Sales page data I find no delay in data reported at all.

As for their Chi-X data – for Volume & # of trades,

being EXcluded from their “non-IRESS” standard pages for WatchList and Chart pages, but

INcluded !! in their Course of Sales standard page (of both Volume & # of Trades of course)

and their Market Depth pages !!

is beyond my comprehension.

I’ve also noted that if I’ve had an overnight trade placed at an SP that gets executed next morning

@ say 10.15am, any trades placed that morning by traders with access to a Chi-X platform – presumably via any online broker – and which only appear on a Commsec Market Depth pageafter 9.55am –
    they get executed first!, before any ASX-placed trades ahead of them,
    such as from me.

Have any other traders noticed this happening to them? – with their trading instructions to Commsec?

Being an old fart (4+ years older than Michael Douglas) it’s taken me an hour or so to compile this post.
    So best regards, Slick - with 505 followers, & 6 times as many Likes to 6800+ posts,your blood’s worth bottling. Guata.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.