Good Question, but it is couchedin the premise that we can pick...

1. 3,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107

Good Question, but it is couchedin the premise that we can pick these winners also.

How would you propose we pick these stocks? Anything making a new 52 week high with a strong trend behind it? BUY! And then we Hold until .....?

Can you send me that list, just a text list of codes , space or csv delimited , pasted into hotcopper here, and then i will go back and look at where they were on the 30th June 2020, Where they are now. And then track them through to 30th June 2021 and maybe then I can answer your question!

Givenits size id suggest it tracks the Index reasonably closely, with a slight outperformance!

As for the relative strengths of DT vs tracking strongly trending stocks, Idsay it depends on many factors, particularly how much time and capital you haveto deploy. The DT small caps often don't have the liquidity to supportlarge positions. And the DT'ing requires constant attention.

Id say that outperformance can beachieved by constant work, and that should be the case no matter where wefocus our efforts TA and or FA in DT, ST or LT. I am reasonably new to theday trading game, and really tend to prefer short term trading. But that isbecause I have made SO many mistakes, that are hopefully becoming lessfrequent.

My performance since the 30 juneis about 40%. This is predominantly from ST trades, andis well beyond the Index appreciation of approx 20%.

Pls send me the list , and i will search for an answer!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.