Some excellent and salient points as usual - many thanks. It is...

1. 12,542 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1033
    Some excellent and salient points as usual - many thanks. It is in essence coming down to qualitative versus quantitative as to what will be, but in the end we are only human after all and the future is yet to be determined.

I can only imagine how fragile the economy is up in the mountains as there are so many villages each with their own infrastructures, so i have no doubt that locals will be banding together (much like during bushfires).

On a tangent, I am not sure where you are in the glorious mountains but we know the area very well. Over the years we have enjoyed the Grand View @ Wentworth Falls, Glennela @blackheath, Vulcan (also Blackheath - when Phillip Searl had it-and remarkably we had the restaurant to ourselves one anniversary!), Hydro Majestic @ Medlow Bath (and almost bought the house next door), Lilifanels @ Katoomba and, still the 2 very best experiences we ever had was at Cleopatra not long after Dany Chouet took over and the equal best was at the corner Pizza shop near Katoomba Railway where we washed the meal down with a Bottle of Grange Hermitage (ah the excesses of the 1980's - no wonder I put weight on).

It probably sounds callous mentioning this when so many are suffering but it can also be cathartic as we should all look forward to a better future once we have achieved the herd immunity and in the interim I hope my journey down memory lane makes you long for the days ahead.

I truly hope no one is offended by the ramblings of a demented soul.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.