G'day @slick and HC traders. How's it going? I'm with you on...

1. 2,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    G'day @slick and HC traders. How's it going?

I'm with you on this one @slick. Completely trivial on how the colours of one's chart looks like... and the indicators or number of indicators each use.. as different setups work better for different individuals and there's definterly no one size fits all.
    IMO, for the newbies out there, more important is for each user to truly understand and appreciate 'why' they choose to have an indicator/tool on their chart (using an Indicator because another pro chartist or guide/course uses it is not valid).

If an individual is unable to justify why/how they use an indicator and how to apply it to a live trade.. then it's evident that indicator shouldnt be there till they learn/discover a purpose for it. Only in this case would an indicator be a 'distraction' I'd say.
    Which is why I'd speculate that many experience chartists over time often have minalismistic charts with less clutter and strip down to fewer indicators. This could be part of what patterns was trying to highlight.

TLDR; Each indicator/tool must serve a purpose and create value in the application/execution of one's trading decisions otherwise it shouldn't be on their charts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.