Day traders' three-cheers-for-the-weekend lounge October 8-10, page-42

1. 4,648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 432
    Happy Weekend all! biggrin.png

@mirren hope all is well, just a quick question. Is there any way at all I can access an archived thread or anything related to the EDUCATION thread, in particular those charting lessons and quizzes that was run I believe by @Jako8557 and another individual. @Cabbie used to place his charts aswell as other people like @Jnnl MSI64 or something like that. Would very much appreciate if anyone could let me know about it. And perhaps whilst I'm here, what are the rules around having a Red Heart? I have tried searching here but found it quite hard to find transparent info on the criteria required. Thanks in advance smile.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2021 Journey:
    The $3,000 account I started with in 2017, was grown to $20,000 by late December 2020
    (hows that for get rich quick!?) tongue.png However as many know, I have shared that I have given back well over $10k which costed me mentally as much as financially (to my trading account), over the period of several months starting early Jan 2021. I had to basically completely stop, walk away from the screens and not try and trade again. My confidence was blown, any ability I thought I had, any skills I accumulated over the years VANISHED. Had I had not forced myself to stop my own slippery slope with little family or peer support I WOULD HAVE ended my 4 year trading career in just a handful of short months! Ie COMPLETE account blow up! eek.png

Since Then:
    I have barely been taking trades. My remaining capital (close to $6,000) has been tied into stocks and options since July 2021 without much real movement however it's taught me patience, aswell as recognising I still have the ability to pick stocks ahead of time. To keep my intraday trading skills sharp, I've recently been playing The ASX ShareMarket Game. Not doing outstanding but I did post a screenshot below if anyone else plays here would be cool to know wink.png

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3671/3671539-8ba5ccb177d4fc4829d18cbda8695bed.jpg

In saying that, I transferred a small $1k amount from my savings which was collecting dust and losing value, to re-trade markets and put past fears behind me. Made a trading plan on RDT. Bought shares on Thursday, 3.19pm at 79c with the goal of selling into an intraday late arvo bounce, with intentions to hold into Friday provided it didn't sell too hard for a respike towards 90c. However, if I was wrong, I would be willing to cut at 75.5c.

Shortly after placing Buy order and filling, PRICES DUMPED and I once again thought OH BOY here we go once again (a recurring theme the entire year) ! Hit 73.5c but I decided to hold for that Friday move to get that spike. It retested 80c with no follow through so I didn't want to see the drawdown of Thursday. Had to respect the plan and the fact it couldn't really spike on my timing the way I liked it. I am just proud of the fact that I had a trading plan, picked the right play and direction on it + got out of my comfort zone and put myself somewhat back in the game with cash on the line going back to good habits smile.png Even if I had managed to sell at 80c, I would have still lost, because brokerage would have eaten profits. P.SI was about to re-amend my order because it seemed to have held, took maybe 1min for someone to line-wipe my only shares for sale. They beat my procrastinating a$s lol
    The Loss was -$52.56. Had I held, would have been +$93.99 but oh well! rolleyes.png $40 brokerage in and out is 4% on my $1,000 trade mad.png
    Hope everyone did much better! biggrin.png Xx see you all tomorrow

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3671/3671781-ffe12e63c70a0ed52d71891247d666ea.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3671/3671788-f1d8256fdafb0b0a2807884f09e29d87.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.