Hi V, just to let you know that I have sent your requested file...

1. 1,905 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1433

Hi V, just to let you know that I have sent your requested file and replied to your email... Hope it was useful

and @mirren , excellent post... Of course I had to copy and paste it to my now 80 something page of excellent posts in my PDF "Newbie Advice" - As I still very much consider myself a newbie, and am still learning very valuable stuff here every week by excellent posters such as yourself, V, ET and Mav

But if my life depended on it, I still don't understand patterns charts and probably never will hahaha... I would also advise newbies such as @varun085 not to try and understand them until they develop very strong TA skills (possibly 3 years) ... I have been learning FA and TA for 12 months now, and those charts still go right over my head tongue.png Patterns is a VERY experienced chartist, and these charts can be quite deceiving to the newbies here... I.e, price target 61 cents (current price 3 cents)... Newbie thinks " WOW, I can make 2000% profit" hehehe biggrin.png

@varun085 asked, "How do you select stocks for day trading? what information/rules do you use to select your stock" ...

As I have been taught by the pro's here, keep an eye out for trending stocks i.e, BPH recently and IOU last few days ... HUGE profits can be made if you time your entry and exit well enough My main critera, look for stocks with volume!!!! I have set up my IRESS (for pre-market volume) so we can see which stocks are getting volume even before the market opens... Or you could simply jump into any stocks that HC posters are saying are going to the Moon hehehe (sacrcasm: only if you want to end up bankrupt very quickly) ...

Some stuff I have posted in the past (hope it's useful)

I am by no means anyexpert, in fact, very far from that. I am still very new to trading,so as a newbie, maybe I can offer some advice... I have receivedgreat advice from both newbie and experienced traders here... Eachtime someone is kind enough to offer some great advice, for the pastfew months, I have been copying and pasting it into a worddocument... So you can imagine, it is quite long now hehe...(80pages)

Aswe all have different circumstances, both economically and experiencewise, I will just speak "generally"...
    1.The Morning Thread / Afternoon Thread is the MOST dangerous place onHot Copper ( No offense rampers) hahaha - Unless you are wanting toscan for idea's or just soak in "how the game is played". Ihave found that the best place to gain knowledge is in thisAftermarket thread and the weekend thread. Many helpful and kindsouls here I have learnt so much from many great traders here(including newbies) and it has been a great asset to the wealth of myknowledge ...
    Ihave fun watching stocks like BPH and IOU as it is helping me with mycharting skills, learning when to enter and exit trades anddefinitely with risk management... However, I usually only papertrade these as I do not have near enough experience as most tradershere. Hopefully one day I will, but until then, I am using "papermoney" to trade, but treat it as if the money was my hard earnedcash! I only ever use my real money when It is a stock I know a bitabout and its historical behaviors, or / and certain posters here areinvolved ... (over time, you will learn who these are)...
    Don'tjust buy a stock because somebody with 20 thousand posts or 20"likes" says it is going to the moon... You will get burnt99% of the time... Your misery makes them profits hehehe...

Justbecause someone says its going to the moon, shows a picture of a Jet/ rocket and tells you to hold overnight because it's going to gap upin the morning, doesn't mean it will... And most likely it won't! Ihave a spreadsheet of hundreds of posters bad advice that I havecompiled over the past few months ...

Thepeoples advice on here that I respect can be counted with my fingers(does that make sense?)... So I only trust less than 10 people here,and even with their advice, I still conduct my own research... DYORmeans Do Your Own Research, rather than take everythingyou read at face value. ONLY WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OUROWN MONEY AND INVESTMENT DECISIONS...
    Forsome of us (and most newbies), coming up with a few $K is not easyand the money earned has been through hard work and sweat... Tosimply throw your hard earned money away based on something someonesaid on HC, BIG STUPID MISTAKE!!!

2.Remember, 90% of stocks mentioned here are RUBBISH !! Only good for aday trade or ST trade, and that's all... Remember, we are makingmoney off speculation, not quality bluechips

Ihave found it useful to research some good quality stocks, invest in them, and watch them, keeping up-to-date with them,following the charts etc... I think this is really helping me withcharting skills, researching skills as I have got "skin in thegame" to watch them very closely and also get involved in theirthreads. Some threads are very useful with bountiful loads of greatinfo (such as CNB).. hehe...

3.If your looking to trade ST or even longer term, in the famous wordsof @slick,always buy in an uptrend !!

4.In the famous words of @Elite_Trader," The stock market can be very cruel & every now & againit will slap you in the face just to remind you that you’re notunbeatable the main thing is to keep learning/improving from yourmistakes. For newbies I would recommend to paper trade until you getthe hang of it or if you feel you want to try using real money startvery small as 95% of the time you won’t see this money again."
    "Day trading requires a huge amount of skill but also a very strongEmotional/Psychological mind set. The type of mind set that knowswhen to sell or buy or to walk away after making huge gains orlosses. It’s so important to start each day fresh & not thinkabout what could’ve been the day before. So many people think oktoday’s a new day time to win back the money I lost yesterday whichwill normally always end in tears."

5.Some words I always remember from @taughtbuffet : " it's easy for newbies to get caught up in all the brightlights and shiny objects, to look at the days gainers and say "whydidnt i buy that?" only to buy at the wrong time and it all endsin tears"

6.Advice from @Whitewolf89 :

soi urge you to take the time to learning basic charting skills i didthe following : i found all this information on youtube i would watchnumerous videos on the same topic to get different views

-how to read candle sticks
    - candle stick patters bullishand bearish
    - support and resistance - an absolute must !
    - trend lines
    - relative volume
    - vwap, macd,rsi

but most importantly after studying at night iwould follow up the next day by watching the charts live to see if icould pick things up in "real" time - this is by far thebest thing i did ! i don't know you situation but i'm unemployedright now so i was happy to sit there from 10-4 and watch for manydays without trading, and just trade in my head

Justfor the newbies who may not know it yet...
    The4 agendas for ramping a stock that I can think of nowprobably many more)
    Agenda1: They bought it at a high price, so need to ramp it so they cansell off their SH#@ !
    Agenda 2: They bought itcheap, so need to ramp it so they can sell off their SH#@ at ahigher price to make a profit !Agenda3: They are not even invested in the stock, but have nothing to doall day and want to sound / look smart so they tell everyone thatthey bought it on its complete LOW and sold at its completeHIGH..
    Agenda4: They truly believe in the stock they are promoting and they wantothers to benefit from a great investment decision... (As long asthey DYOR)
    Asmost newbies DO, I came on here trying to filter out the smarttraders in the hope of following their every advice and makemillions (if your a newbie, DONT LIE, you are probablydoing the same thing) hehe -- Absolute worst mistake you can make!!
    Andremember: Even the BEST OF THE BEST traders can get itwrong (and quite often do), so do your research before you pour yourhard earned money into a stock (even if its only a DT)...
    Someadvice below from some of our LEGENDS on HC: (Not Mine)

1.Learn some charting skills first (ESSENTIAL)

2. Learn to read theTape ...

3. Know the historical PA of a stock (ie, what happenedin the past on a good Ann) - VERY IMPORTANT!!
    "ifa company releases a positive announcement before the market opens&it looks like it could Be a runner it’s best to look back atthe trading history of other previous significant Ann’s as allstocks trade so differently. If you do this it should give you arough ideaof how it’s going to trade on the day as history normallydoes repeat itself unless it’s an absolute game changer ofannouncement. Some stocks are known for selling the news &othersare just run like crazy "

4.Be Careful buying into a day trade when the price has jumped over 15%on NO NEWS as a speeding ticket is likely & couldresult in a 2 day TH

5.Never trust Morningstar price predictions
    "Day trading requires a huge amount of skill but also a very strongEmotional/Psychological mind set. The type of mind set that knowswhen to sell or buy or to walk away after making huge gains orlosses. It’s so important to start each day fresh & not thinkabout what could’ve been the day before. So many people think oktoday’s a new day time to win back the money I lost yesterday whichwill normally always end in tears"
    "For newbies I would recommend to paper trade until you get the hangof it or if you feel you want to try using real money start verysmall as 95% of the time you won’t see this money again"
    "Thestock market can be very cruel & every now & again it willslap you in the face just to remind you that you’re not unbeatablethe main thing is to keep learning/improving from your mistakes"

Don'tknow if this helps, but thought I would write it anywayhehe...

Havea great night

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.