Day traders' weekend lounge July 19 - 21, page-56

1. 12,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    Hey ATH
    Nice commentary as usual -
    This year has been busy for me outside of trading -actually have been organising my life to create passive income to support doing what I want - lols and looking after who I need to - so almost there - with all that -

During my own learning curve - I spent so much time on charting - over time I sort of boiled it down to - the charts work - however the speculative end of the market here in OZ is a funny game - there are a few runners a lot of days - and you can use charts for pullbacks and imo the rest is just a gamble trade -if you have no good knowledge of the stock in Question - lately rock chips lately have been great - however they are often pumps for CR ...And they end up in a nasty state as there is a long lead to fruition... so buyer beware stuff .

It becomes boring when there are so many egos - on the forum - attacking or just being here to argue - and for the last long while a lot lot of stocks have been on a nasty downtrend - - so there is no continuance of anything that was popular -
    Just rock chip runners and out of the blue stuff - which of course you can trade - but hardly worth sitting on the computer to trade that sort of random stuff -
    Finding the trades that will be good in the future is probably the key atm - and if you look at the STT thread - I haven't looked at that for ages - They used to be more about research- I think there are also a lack of ideas and a lack of good researchers around the threads in general - sometimes the best FA researchers don't say much there is no coherent co- operation or discussion in many places around here atm - I am trying to think which ones you liked and think- NMT was one of your holds not sure if I am correct - if not - just look at the carnage from the top - LT holders have been reamed - One can wonder why a lot of things that were decent just nosedived - not sure

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6326/6326674-735a8eba51dd16254489d4d5638108e5.jpg

The index trading became more interesting for me this year -
    I found it to be more fluent and based more on macro - although that is like spec stocks also - sometimes nothing makes sense -
    however the charts function like they should overall..it is easier to trade stuff that is not gunna go into TH for CR all the time so in the end is a lot more forgiving and skill based -
    Thing is on here no one really puts up good ideas research or anything much to engage with so - why be the lone spend all your time for no value -
    I still think there are a few who are ok out of the gate they trade what is active on the day = that is daytrading -

I am concerned with the western world currently - I think we are heading for a big kick up the A if we don't stop warring - Hard to imagine what will happen - if we are actually heading for a big comeuppance or not - The US elections are almost like watching a bad reality show -
    Any how - I always thought my charts were quite simple and always tried to give a wider view of the overall to give context - lately I have been using bollinger bands for a sort of channel - thing is when anything is in downtrend is is bad until it turns - lot of downtrends across the board....

Last edited by mirren: Today, 19:32

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.