It really depends on the probability of the trade working out so...

1. FXm
    38,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 571
    It really depends on the probability of the trade working out so the higher it is the bigger the size of my first entry and vice versa.

If for example a trade does not meet all of my entry criteria but still has a higher-than-average chance of been profitable then I will enter with a smaller size first and continue to add at certain intervals if the price moves backwards until I have acquired the full position. In doing so I substantially reduce the overall price I paid for the whole parcel. Parcel size can vary anywhere from 50k initially and up to 500k for the complete parcel.

I use a similar strategy on my exists if the momentum is there then I will exist in smaller parcels as the price continues to move higher therefore maximizing profits.

With oppies I will go in with a bigger trade size anywhere from 500k for an initial parcel and up to 5mil for the complete parcel again depending on how high/low the probability of the trade working out is. A quick 1 or 2 pips move higher and you have yourself a very handsome ROI.

Hope this helps and good to hear you have been doing well. Have a good weekend.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.