Day traders' weekend lounge March 25 - 27, page-74

1. 4,660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 568
    trading isn't an art but more of identifying manipulation and tricks played by either insto or brokerage house... IMO. I like to share my experience of last six month on number of stocks where I learn something on one trade and decided to do it differently in second which end-up even worst and then decided to make another change which will also end-up worst...

1. Stock A - A mining stock bought because they went cash-flow positive on quarterly and chances of dividend increased as per the announcement. Within a week dividend was announced which was around 30% yield to me so I thought it will go higher up in prices but between date the dividend announced and ex-dividend it went-up 3c... yes simply 3c so i decided to exit because 3c were higher then the dividend I get and no point staying in stock which doesn't gain much even after FF dividend is announced. I was hoping to buy back on ex-dividend date at the same price i bought previously. now the stock is trading 15c higher to what i paid and it declared dividend 3 times since then ... lol.

2. stock B - mining stock dividend yield another 25% so i bought on the day they announced dividend. between the date of dividend announced and ex-dividend date the stock went down by 7c i think... lol.... now dividend was 7.5c fully franked so decided to hang-in to get dividend and then exit like stock A. got the dividend and price went further down.. .... it is still down 7c from where i bought a 9month ago but based on stock A lesson learned I am going to hang-around to see where it goes.... but currents hopes are not good.

3. stock C - consumer stock. bought a month before dividend announced and what i learned in stock A and B was good lesson was with me so with this stock I exited position once i got 20% return on investment before ex-dividend date hoping this time i am right ... but this stock currently trading 20c above what i sold for and it went further up after ex-dividend date... hahahaha

4. stock D (which was bought same time as stock C) - industrial stock. bought a month ago dividend announced and after dividend announced it went up 3c while dividend was 1c. i waited for 7 days i think before getting bored on stock sitting same price as before and all because someone put sell order at particular price point for 140k shares so they stock couldn't cross that figure.... i thought to sell and took profit hoping to buy after ex-div date... now ex-dividate is monday i think and it is trading 7c above what i paid for... lol.

5. stock E - mining stock bought dirt cheap... it went through number of month of consolidation... then got stock at price for long and few of company's announcement were rather risky then sticking in there for long so i exited on loss but only to find company didn't need anything they announced and price went up 15c to what i bought for.... !

6 stock F & G - biotech two stocks both in red. one more then 55% and it has massive amount invested so taking loss isn't worth and other is 15% down... this two stock & stock E taught me valuable lesson that not to invest too much in any one stock particularly mining and biotech stocks as they are highly manipulated and speculating.... !

market is full of manipulation and those who know how to play along or strict in their trading rules can make something out it... in my opinion.

i am now 80% portfolio in banks and still using tiny announce ($1000) to learn various technical signals to see how it goes and hoping to find some ground to make small living out of this.. IMO. I use fundamentals to decide which stock to invest while technical to decide entry and exit point. still haven't learn anything positive to share but plenty of bad lessons here .. !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.