Evening all, hope everyone got through the week ok In the thread...

1. 1,427 Posts.
    Evening all, hope everyone got through the week ok smile.png

In the thread today someone asked the question about how much people make on a daily basis. In my experience, setting yourself a daily (or even weekly) target is not good practice. Every day brings different trading conditions and opportunities (or lack thereof) and having a target can lead to forced trades and bad decisions.

I've been trading part time for about 10 years now (back in the day I was a regular chartist and fill-in DT thread opener biggrin.png). I made the call in January to quit a high paying job to embark on my dream of trading full time. Needless to say it has not been easy with the war break out and economic conditions! However, this has not been my biggest challenge. The biggest challenge for me has been mastering the psychology and pressure of doing this full time. Trading for extra cash when you're already earning a decent salary is a very different kettle of fish to trading for a living. I've made mistakes that I wouldn't have made when I was doing this as a part time hobby.

So to anyone thinking of doing this full time, be sure to focus first on honing your trading skills and earning consistent profits rather than focusing on the size of your profits. If you can trade consistently and adapt to changing market conditions then the profits will follow.

smile.png

Last edited by Matluc1: 16/09/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.