Day traders' weekend lounge September 28 - 29

1. 3,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3641
    Welcome loungers to the weekend thread.

Drop your ideas for the comming week here. As a fun exercise I asked Copilot to summarise the major financial news for last week and next week. This is what it thought was important:

Last Week:

1. ASX Performance: The Australian share market experienced some fluctuations. The S&P/ASX200 index dropped slightly, closing at 8,126.4 points1. The broader All Ordinaries also fell to 8,372.7 points1.
    2. Mining Sector Surge: Significant stimulus measures from China boosted the mining sector. Major miners like BHP, Fortescue, and Rio Tinto saw substantial gains1.
    3. Inflation and Interest Rates: Australia’s inflation rate cooled to its lowest level in 36 months, at 2.7% for the year to August1. This has raised hopes for a potential interest rate cut by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) around Christmas1.
    4. Fortescue Job Cuts: Fortescue Metals announced it would cut 700 jobs to streamline its operations2.

Looking Ahead:

1. Quarterly CPI Data: The upcoming quarterly Consumer Price Index (CPI) report, due on October 30, will be crucial. If it confirms the recent inflation trends, it could lead to a dovish pivot by the RBA and a possible rate cut in December1.
    2. Market Reactions: Investors will be closely watching the mining sector’s performance, especially in light of China’s recent economic measures1.
    3. Banking Sector: There may be continued rotation of investments from banking stocks to the mining sector, reflecting the current market dynamics1.

Good luck loungers. I expect this is my last thread opening on this forum as the @highlandlad is expected back next week. Thanks all for the encouragement, and I have a new found respect for what he does as it can be a lot of hassle to have to open a thread while trading actively att the same time. So much appreciation for highlandlad's dedication and committment, not to mention the other regular posters like @Patterns, @shovel40, @Ravgnome, @uncleBuck, etc who have taken on a regular role posting a specific analysis or news block on a daily basis and then there are the numerous posters who update the gang about opportunities a trades as they arise through the day. It is a great community farewell and congrats.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.