Hi @JoannieI wouldn't give up after a single attempt, or just...

1. 7,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 196
    Hi @Joannie
    I wouldn't give up after a single attempt, or just maybe paper trade for a while until you get some more education under your belt. I have found it to be a very hard occupation, probably the hardest mentally I have ever done. It has taken me years to get this far, and I have only really just begun to start making a few bucks consistently.
    Couple of things I found helped me on my journey.
    Joined a low cost broker. I was with Commsec, and still am, but with my small parcel sizes I needed to make 4% to break even so it was just not worth it. I joined a $5 commission broker, now only need to make 1% before I am in profit. If I build a position in a stock that I am happy with and decide to keep some for the longer term with a low dollar cost average, I just transfer them to Commsec, where I am less likely to trade them after having built a position I am happy with. My brokerage costs being cut by 75% has made a massive difference.
    Cut your losers. I have done this on 3 occasions over the last 12 months, and more fool me for letting them get to be losers in the first place. Each time I cut it hurt less than the previous time, firstly because the losses have been less each time, and secondly because I knew from the get go that my cash will be better off elsewhere, rather than sitting there either stagnant or losing value. If you want to be a trader remember the longer you you are in a position the bigger the risk with these penny stocks. Now I have finally learnt to be cold hearted and dump the position if it goes against me, and quickly.
    Do not take too much notice of the hype on the threads, rather take note of the guys/gals who can back up their statements with knowledge of grades, medical trials etc, and watch and study the proper chartists, as at the end of the day, the charts/price action is the real truth. I copy the likes of mirren, cabbie, slick and others and see if their S/R and trendlines match up with mine, and if not why not. These guys see so many more things than I can, and many eyes are better than two, and by copying them, I learn more. And candles do not lie or put a spin on things, they are there in black and white and they are fact.
    Be patient, it is a long road, and you will not be a great success overnight, despite some of the claims from all these newbies on here. Consistency is key. I went great guns for 6 months, then followed 6 months of shyte where I gave it all back, now am just getting on top of it again, bruised but not beaten.
    I implore you to study up on charts Joannie, its imperative for a trader to be knowledgeable with this so that we can draw our own conclusions on where the stock is heading. You seem reluctant to study, but if you want to be successful, you must. I have been trading properly for 51 weeks now, and just watched a trading video last night that stated most would need two to three years full time to become really proficient at this, and not all will make it. I believe it.
    I am in no way qualified to give advice, so this is just my opinion.
    Good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.