VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

another 4.9 million crossed in one hit, and smaller lots have...

1. 2,699 Posts.
    another 4.9 million crossed in one hit, and smaller lots have been ongoing.

it seems that our seller is still armed and dangerous, and I think the market is nervous which is why we're sitting on 9.5 (9.5 is our previous recent low, and important level before we start making lower lows)

So who is it ?? and how much they got ?

I have already posted that from what I can see in the substantial holder updates, Orbis recorded a buy on the 23/2/10 the same day of the asset revaluations. So I highly doubt they are selling since then there has been negative news on the company and I actually thought the report look upbeat.

So that leaves challenger. Have they been in contact with orbis and negotiated that they take over their holding. or is it another insto buying from them?

Their last buy of VPG was the 15/2/10, so possible they were not happy with something and are bailing.

Got to keep in mind all these crossed trades are all being handled by a broker and are being taken by someone.

McCabe only had 60 million and would have been out on the 4th and 5th or march.

So we need to wait and see, but if it is challenger, they hold 143 million, orbis can take on this additional 6.38% as it will only take their total holding to 17.79%

only problem is the crosses are being down at lower and lower prices (obviously at an agreed average, since major amounts went through at or above 10c)

The above is just me speculating of course. As a LT holder I'm very disappointed with the current SP, But am of the view that the this is not a direct reflection of any collapse in fundamentals. To the contrary I think VPG is in the strongest most secure position it has been in since the GFC began.

Market in general looks flat, direction less, bored and uninterested. I think the remaining global issues especially in Europe, is taking it's toll on property sentiment, and speculation on WDC doing a cap raise wouldn't be helping our sector as people perhaps fee up some capital.

I managed to sell a portion of my holdings at 9.8 couple of days ago when i noticed it struggling to hold onto any gains and our seller still offloading. I only did this to preserve my capital and exploit any further weakness in SP (the depth looks like a joke)

This doesn't appear to be a broad based sell off, just someone with a different agenda selling into a market that is waiting for the selling to finish and holding back, only issue there is, it causes a collapse from a TA and then smaller fish add to the problem, just hope we don't need to test 8c as a support level.

VPG was happily trading at 10c when NTA was 20c (a 50% discount) add that same 50% discount to 16c and you get 8c

It's a joke but there is so much out there that is trading at huge discounts to intrinsic value, so that argument alone isn't as compelling as it could be

as always DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.