LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

As the author of the Fool article that's been linked to a couple...

1. 12 Posts.
    As the author of the Fool article that's been linked to a couple of times here I thought I'd give my two pennys worth.

I pretty much agree with fillip. I am actually pretty confident that the outcome here will be a good one. I think fillip has a significant error in his summary with regard to HVB and the bondholding. It's my understanding that the bond was held by a group of five hedge funds and it's the senior debt that is held by HVB. HVB have given no indication they would pull out. It's simply one of the preconditions to the HVB loan that Lynas get the convertable monies. Therin lies the problem. I think it may be worth a call to the company to check this situation as it's a little unclear. If the company can confirm HVB is still on board if the other $95m can be found then it makes the picture clearer.

If it is the case that the bondholders are the mystery hedge funds then I have a lot more confidence that things can be resolved. As we all know hedge funds are in trouble with redemptions and liquidity issues. The fact that a couple of dodgy hedge funds needed their cash back should be no suprise. If it was a big investment bank or JV partner pulling out then I would be more concerned as it may be project specific.

If Lynas only need to raise the $95m then given the quality and strategic importance of this resource I find it hard to imagine it won't happen.

For this reason I have been buying more shares. I think in five years I'll be glad I did and I'm happy to wait that long.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.