1. 9,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Dow jones 20981 plus 85
    S&P 2402  plus 11.42
    FTSE    7454  plus 19
    DAX 12807 plus 36
    GOLD 1230   plus 4.13
    OIL   48.77 plus 0.93
    AUD 0.7413  (turn around, you are going the wrong way)
    SPI futures plus 17
    Curtis Jackson 0.50c

https://www.thestreet.com/story/141...ses-after-crude-settles-at-two-week-high.html

Another surge in crude oil boosted the energy sector and led the S&P 500 and Nasdaq to secure fresh records on Monday.

The S&P 500 was up 0.48% to 2,402.32 and the Nasdaq rose 0.46% to 6,149.67, both new all-time closing highs. The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 0.41%.

Crude oil prices rallied on Monday after energy ministers from Russia and Saudi Arabia surprised by calling for an extension to an oil production cap agreement.

The ministers called for the current deal among the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to be extended by nine months, far longer than what analysts had hoped. Speaking in Beijing on Monday, Saudi Arabia's energy minister, Khalid al-Falih, and Russia's Alexander Novak said they wanted the current agreement to continue holding back around 1.8 million barrels of oil from the market each day until the first quarter of 2018.

"The two ministers agreed to do whatever it takes to achieve the desired goal of stabilizing the market and reducing commercial oil inventories to their five-year average level," the ministers said in a joint statement, "as well as to underscore the determination of oil producers to ensure market stability."

An extension to the OPEC deal will be the main point of conversation when the 13 member countries meet in Vienna on May 25. The current agreement, established last November, is set to expire at the end of June.

"There seems to be a real commitment about reducing the glut from oil powerhouses that are Saudi Arabia and Russia -- the latter being the largest oil producer in the world and the former being the largest exporter," said Fawad Razaqzada, market analyst at Forex.com. "Given the backing of Russia, in my view an agreement will be made. The market clearly expects that, with oil prices making a sharp comeback."

What we can expect

futures point to a higher opening, currently up 17points, but with Gold and oil all higher, i think we will end up with more than that

the last time i saw DAX this high was when i took my dad to buy new trousers

the question remains.....are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

is this the start of the next leg up?

"we await"

have a good day

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.