Anyone calling themselves a successful [anything] trader on the...

1. 681 Posts.
    Anyone calling themselves a successful [anything] trader on the basis of just this year is making a huge mistake. This year has seen nearly every half decent stock lifted by massive percentages in mere months. It's not a normal year and those who fail to recognise it will probably lose everything made this year and more in coming years.

As they say: "a rising tide lifts all boats" and "genius is a rising market." Pretty much anyone could have made money this year by throwing darts at a paper to pick stocks. I expect those who succeed with the most complicated strategies this year will be the ones who take the longest to realise that all their hocus pocus analysis had much less to do with their success than just chance combined with one of the strongest rallies in a century.

Anyone got the stats on how many stocks have risen more than 50%/100%/100+% over the last 6 months? My gut tells me it's a lot, at least half the stocks on the market I'd guess (if not over 3/4). It takes no skill to make money in that kind of market.

dt

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.