day trading aug 14 pre-market, page-13

1. 7 Posts.
    Hi guys, very happy to have found this forum. I watched yesterday but was unable to post (not that I could've contributed much). I hope to learn as much as I can and start from the ground uo. Have been trading long term for a while but have now built up some cash to make some day/short term trades. Just wanted to say hi and wish you guys all the best.

Sydney - Tuesday - August 14: (RWE Aust Business News) - Singapore Telecommunications (SGT) has a three per cent increase in first quarter net profit to SGD945 million with improved performance from the regional mobile associates.

Excluding the exceptional items, underlying net profit declined 3 per cent to SGD850 million.

The weaker Australian dollar and regional currencies adversely affected results this quarter.

Ordinary pre-tax earnings from the regional mobile associates grew 2pc to SGD483 million, lifted by strong earnings growth from Telkomsel and AIS, and would have risen 9pc if exchange rates were unchanged from a year ago.

Optus revenue fell 3pc to $2.24 billion due to mobile termination rate cuts, lower equipment sales and service credits associated with device repayment plans.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.