Day Trading - Final Thread for the Year - 29 December 2017, page-610

1. 12,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 398
    Wow -Now that is a pretty cool post -
    I am enjoying hearing what all the observers of the thread have to say-
    I agree with most of your thinking -
    One of the biggest mistakes new traders make is to buy at the top - then get stuck - so the sitting on hands routine is actually part of the learning curve - I did it ---

Some of the best traders make mistakes -BUT the real trick is to get out at break even before it turns into a loss - that is where charts are the main game- it is easy to see on a chart when things are not going as planned - the ones that can't read them get stuck-
    Not easy when your playing with a small amount of capitol - it is always a balance between time spent and missed opportunities -
    The thing is you pay more attention and learn faster when you have money on the line-

The real problem is often the fluid situation of what is going on - on any given day- daytraders are looking for trades - they - if they are good they are not usually pondering the future of the company - they are just focusing on the action of the day ( or the next half hour ) -

Most of these stocks are doing a particular dance - they are rising because they have been promoted - by XYZ(broker) - it is a mistake to think that anyone on the thread here is responsible - we are looking quickly at the possible reason for the support and buying - that takes a few years to decipher - it is usually a combination - 3b announcements usually mean new shares have been issued and there will be selling - however there will also usually be buying with the prescribed good announcement that has got the attention of the market - it is important to understand the dance---

I actually think that most of what we are about is alerting other traders of a potential opportunity - and equally no one is thinking about advising anyone where to exit the trade - it is all about highlighting the volume and rise -
    It takes a while to be able to identify what the day's runner will do - that in turn takes a combination of skills and also understanding the overview of the total market - some days something happens on a macro scale that is big - and suddenly everything can just stop - so many factors to take into account with just DT - no one will be here to explain or hold your hand -
    It is a hard game -

Happy new year all

New year 2017.gif

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.