AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

days of our lives, page-15

1. 1,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Very well said MsMoje. Thought I'd add to your comments from a technical trading perspective. There's a common formation called a bullish flag, as illustrated below, which involves an initial sharp rise in price followed by a consolidation phase (between the blue lines):

Typically, with a bull flag we see a breakout from this formation, more often to the upside. In contrast, a bearish flag is a similar formation although appears up-side-down to the bull flag, with a breakout most often to the down-side. Traders often use these market clues as an indicator to place a trade and to project their target sell price. The more evidence one has in order to place a trade the more likely that trade will move in their favour. Hence, an important clue is to also observe the pattern in volume. Typically, during the consolidation phase of a bull/bear flag we tend to see a decline in volume, prior to a break out in price (either up/down) which should be associated with a higher than normal volume.

Interestingly, have a look a the current trading pattern in AVB below. We have the presence of a bull flag formation (outlined in blue) along with a steady decline in volume (red sloping line). A breakout appears eminent, and if the drilling results are good/excellent as many are speculating then we should see a breakout, and hopefully with strong volume.

Now, I've see a bit of discussion about capping. Capping in the market IMO is a subtle form of manipulation. It essentially involves placing one or several large parcels or numerous small parcels above a set price with the primary intention of causing weak hands to sell. These are then sold into the cappers who continue to accumulate at a set price. I suspect this is happening but it's only speculation based on observation of live trading depth - plenty of sells coming out of the 'woods' as soon as the buy side increases.

Anyway, just a few of my thoughts for a Thursday arvo. Most importantly though, as MsMoje implied, it will be the drill results that do the 'talking' and the share price will correspondingly do the 'walking'!! ;-)

Cheers all,
    S

ps. PDYOR as the above are only my interpretations & opinions on the current market situation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.