AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Very well said MsMoje. Thought I'd add to your comments from a...

1. 1,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Very well said MsMoje. Thought I'd add to your comments from a technical trading perspective. There's a common formation called a bullish flag, as illustrated below, which involves an initial sharp rise in price followed by a consolidation phase (between the blue lines):

Typically, with a bull flag we see a breakout from this formation, more often to the upside. In contrast, a bearish flag is a similar formation although appears up-side-down to the bull flag, with a breakout most often to the down-side. Traders often use these market clues as an indicator to place a trade and to project their target sell price. The more evidence one has in order to place a trade the more likely that trade will move in their favour. Hence, an important clue is to also observe the pattern in volume. Typically, during the consolidation phase of a bull/bear flag we tend to see a decline in volume, prior to a break out in price (either up/down) which should be associated with a higher than normal volume.

Interestingly, have a look a the current trading pattern in AVB below. We have the presence of a bull flag formation (outlined in blue) along with a steady decline in volume (red sloping line). A breakout appears eminent, and if the drilling results are good/excellent as many are speculating then we should see a breakout, and hopefully with strong volume.

Now, I've see a bit of discussion about capping. Capping in the market IMO is a subtle form of manipulation. It essentially involves placing one or several large parcels or numerous small parcels above a set price with the primary intention of causing weak hands to sell. These are then sold into the cappers who continue to accumulate at a set price. I suspect this is happening but it's only speculation based on observation of live trading depth - plenty of sells coming out of the 'woods' as soon as the buy side increases.

Anyway, just a few of my thoughts for a Thursday arvo. Most importantly though, as MsMoje implied, it will be the drill results that do the 'talking' and the share price will correspondingly do the 'walking'!! ;-)

Cheers all,
    S

ps. PDYOR as the above are only my interpretations & opinions on the current market situation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.