PJ > my profits have been really poor lately and from the B3...

1. 8,937 Posts.
    PJ > my profits have been really poor lately and from the B3 meeting, I can assure you that the same was said by numerous others.

This morning I went over my trades over the past 1.5 months. My findings indicate that apart from some recent under-profit taking (probably caused by uncertainty in late Feb/March) in which I didn't take full advantage of DRM, HZL, OBL/OA and in some cases panic sold, on the whole, the stocks that I sold over the past 1.5 months are now trading below my sell price. The stocks that I took a loss on are pretty much (apart from CNX, NKPO, CXG, CSS) down from what I sold them at. I can almost guarantee that if you look at your trades, your exits will prove to be good at risk reduction by accepting the losses and good for exit on the whole by taking your profits (ADO/OBJ/VIL/SSN/O etc are cases in point.)

What I can say is that I think it's time to accept larger profits on the swings (I had three stocks yesterday that had I traded them properly would have each given at least a grand profit > OBL, HZL and DRM) whilst also taking the losses quickly and potentially buying back for the swings up (OBL/OA).

Picking have been slim the last month+ and I know that you will find that amongst most traders. I can almost guarantee it (except for some of your trades which have been fantastic!) This week, I will concentrate on getting positions and letting them run a bit more with tighter stops if failure. I have also posted in the general thread some iron ore juniors that are in play ATM. I think it's time to step up on some of these. Eg: IFE, SMR, PLV

I can strongly suggest that everyone examine their trading over the past month to see if the same holds true.

iPod
    EXAMINER

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.