daytrade diaries... december 2, page-144

1. 1,485 Posts.
    David,

In my case, I'm also in a relationship where I have a well-paid "real job", yet I've had some success trading this year, both from my desk at work, and from home full time (2 weeks ago - with Copiicat).

My partner, who is much more of a risk-taker than I, has indicated that she would support my decision to change career paths, but neverthless I'm reluctant to do so at my age (50) as I feel I don't have the skills or the temperament (yet) to make a living in this manner.

So in a way, our positions are complete opposites. I make more money as a DBA, but my partner would be happy for me to trade. You make more money trading, but your partner wants you to do "real" work.

From the information you've supplied I think the answer is fairly obvious - you should go back to work, and only trade as a hobby. But of course, you need to factor in all the other aspects of your situation: Your mortgage (I have none, but contribute I to my partner's repayments), your kids (I'm divorced, my 2 kids live with my ex-wife), your other debts (I have none), your other income (I have none), your tolerance to risk, capital loss, etc.

But putting aside all the maths, I still think your marriage is worth more than your trading profits. But this is your decision. As always, do your own research.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.