This is my most recent post on another thread about "life as a...

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    This is my most recent post on another thread about "life as a day trader", but thought it may be of interest to some Day traders in regards their trading strategies.
    You have raised a very relevant point about multi baggers. Whilst I post on the Day traders thread my principal operation is about finding undervalued situations that will bring very high returns relative to the risks involved.
    If you find a few multi baggers for the year you will have a great year. Finding multi baggers requires hours of reading & research rather than just going with the herd.
    Many Day traders take very thin margins & exhaust themselves having to repeat the process day after day. Given they buy & sell many stocks it is very easy to get caught with a lemon given most Day traders do little or no research apart from may be look at a chart.
    Chasing the multi baggers may mean more research but you are not forced to work the market each day for a living. With multi baggers you can take a break from research/sharemarket for a few days/weeks i.e. take a holiday & as long as you have a rough idea how markets are trading you are not taking a huge risk.
    In all the trading activity that Daytraders do, they often do buy a multi bagger but unfortunately throw it out too soon & probably replace it with a low performer. Personally I like to harvest a far proportion from a multi baggers before selling. Whilst I have frequently sold too early at least my gains are multiples of the day trader who probably harvested very little.
    Conclusion: Research more & trade less normally gives not only a far better financial result but also better use of our most valuable asset which is time.
    Regards
    Buffett

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.