Ipod - I'd average more like 10 completed trades (i.e. buy and...

1. 3,754 Posts.
    Ipod - I'd average more like 10 completed trades (i.e. buy and sell) in a week !! Some weeks less than that.

The more I trade, the less $$$ I make. As I've said before on here, if I get a few fluky wins in a row I tend to get a bit overconfident and attempt trades I should have left well alone !

For me, the best approach is have a target profit per month (taking into account my tax 'optimisation', trading costs, etc.). At the moment that would be $5k/month from available working capital of ~$50k. As soon as I reach that figure I stop trading for the month, spend the time on research, trying new Metastock scans, going outside to play in the sun, etc. Some months I trade too much and don't hit the $5k target at all, other months I'm there by the second week. As I get more competent, I may increase both the target figure and the working capital.

I'll see how I go with Commsec WEBIRESS next week (assuming Windows 7 still wants to play......). Looking at increasing my broadband download limit too, as I guess WEBIRESS increases your usage if you're on 4-5 hours a day?

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.