daytrade diaries....monday

1. 5,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Morning all

It seems that we are again looking at a fall on the open, so once again I'll be looking for scalp trades on any intraday bounces I can find. Going on from Fridays post, there is no shortage of stocks that have just broken out, or stocks that have pulled back a few days, so here's some candidates for your watchlist.

Breakouts: ABP BEC GFF HFA ACR PNA RSG TEL

Pullbacks: ABY AIX ALB BPT CEY CVN LNC SIP

From that list of sixteen, I'm going to narrow it down to 8, based on premarket indicative prices and volume. I can manage 8 intraday charts on my screens at any given time, but even with more screen space I'm not sure that trying to watch any more live charts is feasable.

As well as watching the intraday charts there is the Top Movers, the news feed, my regular trading watchlist, and depth & course of sales screens, so it can all get a bit hectic.

I'm curious as to how other traders manage their daytrade stock selection process. I often struggle with finding a balance between having a watchlist of regular traders and introducing new stocks to the fold. Mr. Market has a nasty knack of surprising me. Often I can be watching one of my regular trading stocks for days, waiting for a good set up, and of course the minute I take my eyes off it and focus on a new momentum stock, Mr. Market decides it's time for a big run.

I suppose no one ever said timing the market was easy.

Good trading.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.