daytrade diaries... monday, page-5

1. 8,937 Posts.
    Hi guys - that pretty much sums up my beliefs as well. It was a hefty rise in such a short period. There is always part of me that feels that this could keep going on and on, but there is no grounded, non-artifical or economic reason to support this belief. What we are seeing is a belief that market stimulus and govt policy is having SOME level of effect, but we all know that people get bored of govt rhetoric in a short space of time. So, where is the money to be made?

REITS are showing a fair bit of interest of late and for good reason. I bought some MDT on Friday at 4.3. By the time it was 4.1 cents, I was beginnng to think I was a tad too cash loaded (Made a fair wack on SSM). Today I am looking at the same share with strong interest, not because of the 8% increase in REITS and hedge funds, but because it's deserving of the 8% increase in those sectors. It still remains oversold IMO. Hence the watch on HFA, BJT, GJT, HDF, GMG, IIF, SDG and soon perhaps even BBI???

The energy sector (including renewable/green) also appears strong in recent weeks and perhaps this should be an area of focus. It's the reason I own and held INP. They have moved but nothing in comparison to the rest of the market from recent lows, but very bone in me says it will. Some juniors have moved well such as EDE, BUL, LNC, NDO and the list goes on.... (See Sandybeaches list of Saturday for junior energy stocks)

So for now - my strategy is to have cash and focus on 3 sectors Property, Hedge and Energy... NOT for long term hold, but profit for scalp! No more love affairs with stocks for me in 2009!

Have a good one....

iPod
    POLITICIAN

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.