Great read Mitch. I can relate personally to your experience....

1. 10,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297
    Great read Mitch. I can relate personally to your experience. This is a long learning curve but trust me as you research and refine/improve your strategies you can become successful in this game. Keep learning from your mistakes and you will sharpen up as a trader/investor. I made big losses at the start but now using stop losses cut any losing trade immediately if I'm 5% or more down.. the key is to ride the winners for as long as possible so as to maximise your profits (easier said than done).

As been suggested, avoid buying great announcements on open (let the market settle & digest etc.) then try trading positive momentum stocks on the up (showing strong buying depth) and I can assure you that you will succeed. My strike rate in last 3 months is 13 winners from 15 trades. Never buy anything in a down trend no matter what, remember the trend is your friend. Again, focus on positive momentum stocks both good technically & fundamentally.... avoid trading on impulse and emotions as invariably you will lose .... very best of luck!

P.S. Finally, follow some gun posters on HC as they will alert you to potential winners... but dyor as always

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.