I am sure that a fine upstanding (most of the time) person like...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    I am sure that a fine upstanding (most of the time) person like Speckled was referring to weeds such as the thistle, from which you can make a rather lousy cup of tea

I'm trying to keep my stock choices to a stable of about 50 stocks. One or two get added/deleted as news develops.
    So, some news from some of the ones I'm watching (not necessarily holding):

BAL - Jan Cameron and all her tax-related entities is now a substantial holder. EGM coming up later this month. Haven't touched this since the initial dump and won't until I get a chance to see how the EGM pans out. BAL is starting to look like a company with a great future which is being white-anted by vested interests. I'm sure that has never happened before
    SSN - updated oil reserves from this little oiler. Zero trades today. Dual listed in the US. The move will have to come from the US before the local listing reacts. Happy to wait.
    SYA - the long-awaited PFS came out and reads well (according to my understanding) but the market didn't like it. Open at 3.6, high of 3.8, low of 3.3, which is where it closed. Volume of 11m wasn't much either. I bought some for my SMSF at 3.3 with a MT timeframe (3-6 months) with a stop at 2.9.
    NSL and NAE both up a touch - AR1 down a touch.

I now hold 8 stocks in our SMSF. 2 I consider as investments, the rest are trades. I know about the tax breaks if you hold for more than 12 months, but I have so little trust in the market over the next 1-2 years that I'll be taking profits as they present themselves. If any of the trades do go for a run, I'll use a trailing stop. So far, so good. No trades completed, but a few in the green and the rest are at their purchase price.

All the best for Friday!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.