Wow - potent prol protector - loving it :) Heard an interview...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Wow - potent prol protector - loving it

Heard an interview recently with a newly unemployed Whyalla steel worker. Been doing the job forever, as had his Dad. A bit younger than me (mid 50s).
    He said that the company had been assisting with finding new employment. They were recommending Aged Care.
    I had to smile, since that's where I'm working (certainly my last paid job before I put myself out to retirement).
    No doubt that the sector will grow (we all know the demographics) but I'm not sure how people will live on the money.
    Apart from management, everyone else is casual, on about $26 p.h., which includes 25% casual bonus. No holidays, sickies, security. Hours of work vary from day to day. Don't think a bank would be impressed with that.
    One possibly good thing about Aged Care: management will find it hard to replace the human workers with algorithms. Possibly less prone to "disruption" than most.
    The "insecure poor" won't be investing in stocks. They will increasingly be voting for ugly/nasty manipulators who promise them what they think they need.
    Love your work @MemeFx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.