@Suzanne NSW, weird... I can't reply to your post anymore in the...

1. gga
    1,125 Posts.
    @Suzanne NSW, weird... I can't reply to your post anymore in the 15-18th May thread:
    "thank you gga. I got the book and software package so I'm a bit excited. The friend who gave it to me said to check out the Darvas Boxes, he had good results with them back in the day. I enjoy learning new things so I'm looking forward to it. A few of the traders on here have mentioned Wyckoff too and I've taken an interest in his work as well. Thanks again "

Good for you! I have been a Darvas disciple from day dot (ie. upon reading his 2 most well-known books), and that was one of the things that impressed me about the ProTrader 187 (if I recall correctly?) at the time - that it could scan for the Boxes. I actually had a lot of success just using DBs (and directors' transactions) back during the mining boom (eg. REH, FXR, BMN) but I suppose that's the operating word, boom. Nowadays, things are a bit more 'jerky' (volatile), or it seems that way anyway. The US market, with a much larger pool, is actually captured by DBs more accurately IMHO.

BTW, for ⇑above, and below⇓, don't forget Daryl Guppy's concept of 'Ghost Boxes' to cover the sometimes not insubstantial amount of space between Darvas Boxes as applied to Australian stocks:

For the Darvas Box curious, here's a freebie Clayton's version that you can apply to a US or Aussie stock of your choice (with various parameters to choose from):
    http://www.sethi.org/investments/darvas/old_darvas.phtml
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.