Just had one of those potentially dangerous after-dinner type...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Just had one of those potentially dangerous after-dinner type thoughts ...
    Earlier I posted a slight rebuff to someone on an individual stock thread who was bemoaning the lack of "loyal holders" for his stock, which was sold off a bit today. I told him that this isn't a football team, it's one of 2,000 stocks which punters buy in the hope of making some money.
    Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way.
    Given that there are so many "true believers" on the threads, who have fallen in love with "their" stock, maybe there's a marketing opportunity here ...(?)
    Perhaps a smart marketing person should approach stocks as if they were football teams.
    I'm thinking hats, scarves, jumpers, Tshirts, hoodies etc which have "your" 3 alpha numeric stock code emblazoned boldly on the front/back. Just a few words to enforce the message.

E.g.
    XYZ Rox!
    XYZ - I'm buying and holding
    XYZ - $10 by Christmas!
    XYZ - I'm on the rocket. Are you?
    XYZ - the next BHP!
    XYZ - making me a million

You could also include, at a special surcharge, a "portfolio" edition, which would have all "your" stocks emblazoned on the merchandising. Or a "dog" edition for all the woofers.

99% of people will have no idea what the hell any of this means, but we're not looking at them. This is all about being exclusive and special and in-the-know, which is exactly the psychology of these "believers". They are part of a special subgroup who are smarter than anyone else, because their stock is going to the moon.

HC would love the advertising revenue. There would be no trademark/copyright issues if handled correctly. Word-of-mouth is how it will grow. I can imagine special meetings being held, where only the "true believers" will attend, all dressed in their team colours - a bit like the Masons

All I want is 10% of the gross

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.