Hey MF, I am classed as a trader, mainly due to the number and...

1. 752 Posts.
    Hey MF, I am classed as a trader, mainly due to the number and value of trades in a FY. There is a calculation that the ATO do, and while I don't have the exact figures I thought it was something like >250 trades in a year and a min $$ figure. This is no reflection on my prowess at all, as I have a full time job as well, and struggle to keep the misses off my back with plenty of below par returns from shares. The main advantage is that you get to claim any losses against any income in that year. When I had a shocking year on MHM and lost a substantial sum, the pain was eased somewhat by being able to receive a decent sized return which allowed me back into the market and make up some of that loss. Of course not good to be in a loss situation but I thought it was better than offsetting the losses against any future gains, as it was an immediate return. Anyhow I take my hat off to you blokes who can trade for a living, it's bloody hard work, so very appreciative of all the great leads, as I wouldn't have ended up researching a fraction of the companies without HC. Spent a few hours on PTL last night after a mention on the forum, some interesting stories out there.
    Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.