daytraders after market lounge 23rd aug 2012, page-8

1. 5,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    OK, an approach to catch the more volatile speccies on a DT basis.

I hand picked a watch list last night:

PEX Promising. OK into the close, but would I take a DT at 3:20? Maybe its one of those "get used to it things". Also came up as an EOD at 28c, but I didn't notice it until 29 traded.

EEG Promising. Did pick some up at 18.5 when the EOD flagged it. Could have been a DT.

LOM No result.

SBR No result.

KDR Not promising (for me) - that is I didn't see an obvious entry point into todays move except for a measly 7000 lots at 23. Once again this could be a "get used to it" thing. Will have to do some numbers. How much faith would I have needed for this trade to work, and would that faith have worked for LOM and SBR also?

However KDR does get the award for most pumped DT of the day.

2 of the 5 showed potential, though I'm not totally comfortable with it all as a DT process. Issues of EOD vs DT would have arisen.

So some decisions looming here.
    Do I hand pick a list, or do I use a generated list from second tier EOD processes?
    What to do with the conflict of EOD and DT?

Some of the second tier stuff came good much earlier in the day. At the COB, the EOD processes should take precedence, the overnight hold, in a good market, can be like magic.

Can't make too many generalisations from one days observations, and in it's way today was a bit unusual.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.