Daytraders After Market Lounge 26th Nov, page-43

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi Higo,

I reckon the best thing to do is phone Westpac - they have all your account details and trades.
    I use Commsec and don't use margins, but here's how it works for me (if this helps at all).

Let's say it's Monday. I have my share portfolio with Commsec which, let's say, is worth $30,000. I have a linked cash account with CBA with a balance of 5,000 credit.
    I buy some shares on Monday worth $10,000. My cash account is now effectively overdrawn by $5,000 ($5K-$10K). With T+3, I have until Thursday to return the cash account to a zero or better balance.
    If you sold those $10K of shares on T+2, then the funds wouldn't be in your account in time.
    If you sold other shares after Monday then the funds wouldn't be in your account in time.
    If you sold other shares on the Monday, when you bought the original ones, and they were worth at least $5,000, then your account would be in balance.
    Often Commsec will bundle together transactions which have happened on the same day and give you a nett total, which will either be added or deducted from your cash balance.
    Don't know if this helps at all - I'd phone Westpac to be certain.
    Have a good evening

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.