Daytraders After Market Lounge 4th Feb, page-4

1. 601 Posts.
    Hi all

I hope everyone has been well and had a good trading start to the year!

It's been about a month since I last posted to update on my progress, but I'm still on HC daily. I'm still trading FT and intend to keep on doing so for the rest of this year

After my great start to 2016 trading, in the first week, I followed up nicely throughout last month and early this week.

I have indeed struggled with some intraday trades, struggled to day trade on some days and lost on some of my holdings for averaging down way too early, causing me to suffer big losses. I lost on CNW, ERJ and SRO (all quite illiquid stocks) and had some bad day trades along the way with others, but cut them quick, for the most part!

Notwithstanding the above, the gains were incredible on some short term holds and I had some awesome income trades on my day trades, and I am happy to have a nice cushion moving along this year. I made solid gains in RAP, ADV, SRT, MCT, CXO, LPE, AYB and EXM.

Holding some stocks for a few days or weeks, coupled with several day trades (not enough though) throughout the week has worked for me so far and I've exceeded my goals (in realised profit) for the first two months already and I am still holding some shares, which are going fine.

I still have heaps to learn but overall I am enjoying it and will continue throughout 2016 (even in the event that it will be a bear market, it will still be a great learning experience for me).

Thanks heaps to all the great contributors on HC for sharing your knowledge and providing heaps of insightful tips!
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.