daytraders after market lounge 4th july, page-36

1. 174 Posts.
    Thalweg,

Sounds like you are doing exactly the right thing to succeed.

I followed a similar path. staring at the screen, watching patterns unfold.

It took me 5 years to figure it out. When I say "it" I mean a style that suited my personality and brought consistent profits.

I considered those five years as my university course. The market grabbed me and I knew I was going to succeed. I knew it would become a lifelong endeavour. I probably lost about 50K the first 3-4 years, which was probably in line with the cost of a Uni degree.

Then I started to break even as I realised it wasn't about mathematics and monstrous amounts of research but rather psychology. Very importantly my own, as well as the market's.

Was a long hard learning process. Now, years later, I make that money in a good week (and lose it in a bad day like when GNS went into admin!!)

I keep it VERY simple. Perhaps like Endless(?), I really work off support and resistance. Though I'm definitely not as cynical and jaded as Endless! :) The market has brought great changes to my life. If it has grabbed you it's well worth doing the hard yards to figure "it" out.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.