Daytraders After Market Lounge 7th Feb, page-19

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi folks (and Dooley),

Thought I'd check in again even though I'm not a DTer anymore
    Our SMSF is now fully operational: about 1/3 in a SMA with a broker we like; 1/3 in a small caps managed fund; and 1/3 is with us, which we are using mainly with specs. Not your usual SMSF setup to be sure, but we'll try this for 2 years then reassess.
    We'll be benchmarking our performance against the SMA and managed fund.
    Very early days but encouraging for us so far.
    We're about 60% in cash right now. I'm looking/waiting for selloffs and good entry points. Might have found one today with NAE - see if my order gets filled tomorrow.
    I have zero faith in any stock over a 1-2 year timeframe, so I'm mainly buying bottom-dwellers with a possible catalyst coming in the next few months. The one exception is NSL, which we hold and will be looking to buy more on weakness. We will trade the trade with all of them, even if that means we pay some extra tax on profits.
    The macro situation seems so weird to me right now, with so many possible shocks: Trump, Turnbull, French election which could mean the end of the EU etc. We plan to stay nimble and in cash until we see an opportunity.

I hope you guys and gals are well. The market seems rather fragmented. All the very best!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.